With volunteer work in our project, you can directly support the children and families of “Niños en Xela”.
We need your help in the following areas:
- Homework aid and additional tuition for the children, one-on-one or in groups
- Literacy training with the women
- Organization of various events during the year (workshops, family reunions, recreational day etc.)
- Accompaniment of the coordinators during family and school visits
- Assistance with administrative work
- More than 18 years old and certificate of at least middle school or professional formation
- Enjoying work with children, youth and women
- At least basic or intermediate level of Spanish
- Ability to pay for rent, food and travel costs yourself
- Openness and tolerance
- A minimum of 2 months commitment
In Quetzaltenango you can attend Spanish language courses at affordable, economic prices. Normally, it’s one-on-one-tuition. If you want to receive classes in a Spanish school, we are pleased to help you with finding a school. Also, if you need help with finding a good place to stay during your volunteer work with us, we can assist you!
Are you interested in being a volunteer with us and want more information?
Write to: Carmen Geser; she is an ex-volunteer and member of the Association
and can help you:
praktikum @ ninosenxela.ch.